By: Diane Bickle
These 3 factors determine a satisfactory and timely sale on your home.
Your Glad Heart Realty professional will inform you of important information that affects the asking price of your home.
Factors that affect price are:
- Are you in a buyer’s or seller’s market?
- Is there something unique happening in your community to increase or decrease property values?
- What is your competition (other comparable homes in your area) selling for?
Offer better terms than your competition to position your home ahead of your competition.
Some terms to consider are:
- Have your home pre-inspected, address needed repairs BEFORE you sell. Advertise your home as pre-inspected.
- Place a Home Warranty on your home. The advantages to you the seller are more than meets the eye. The advantage to the buyer is peace of mind. Talk with your Glad Heart Realty professional about these advantages.
- Be prepared to pay some closing costs for the right buyer. Buyers expect this term in today’s market.
- What furniture, drapes, etc. will you not miss in your new home? These items may serve as motivating factors to tie a buyer in emotionally to making an offer on your home. Talk with your Glad Heart Realty agent about the best way to make these items attractive to a potential buyer.
Appearance is everything! Your home should look it’s very best the day you go on the market.
Some appearance considerations are:
- Curb appeal is paramount. Clean flower beds, sow grass seed, edge and mow yard. Make sure exterior paint is clean and fresh.
- Clean walls or put a fresh coat of neutral paint on them. This applies to woodwork and ceilings as well. Clean and shine hardwood floors, clean carpets or replace worn carpets.
- Clean bathrooms thoroughly – floors, walls, fixtures and tiles.
- Clear all clutter from sight. Take magnets off of your refrigerator and counter tops should be near bare. Start boxing up personal affects that you will want in your next home. Sell or give away remaining items.
- Sell or store extra furniture so your home looks open and spacious
- Smells really matter. All unpleasant odors must go. Deodorize home.